24 November, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving on Thankful Thursday

Every Thanksgiving my mom would make us go around the table and say what we were thankful for. As children we anxiously looked forward to our turn wanting to be the first to be thankful for, "mom" or thankful for, "dad" or for the dog or for our friends or anything else we could lay our eyes on from the table. When we became teenagers this activity at Thanksgiving soon became a type of torture. As teenagers we anxiously dreaded our turn and either protested saying, "this is stupid" or giving a stupid answer just to get our turn over with. As an adult this practice of giving thanks has become a time of reflection and praise. As an adult I anxiously wait to hear the "thanks" of the ones around me to give praise for all the wonderful blessings in our lives. As I am aging and growing more into adulthood I am realizing more and more how much there is to give thanks for. Thanks mom.

My five thankful things on Thanksgiving:
1. The means to come to Sacramento to spent the Holiday will all 30+ members of Kev's family
2. Our next generation who remind us of the excitement of life
3. The health of our families
4. My friendship and marriage I have with the best guy out there
5. My relationship with the Lord that makes life so peaceful and meaningful

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?