22 November, 2011

Banana Pancakes

Breakfast was never a big deal in my family.  It usually consisted of digging in the fridge for leftovers, pouring a bowl of cereal or skipping the meal all together.  This breakfast method would never do as the wife of Kev-o.

Kev grew up in a house hold where a hot breakfast was served almost every morning.  Eggs, Bacon, hash browns, waffles, muffins, pancakes, french toast- pretty much anything that resembled a dessert- was prepared each morning to start off their day.  Think about the confusion and disgust from Kev's family as they first experienced me gnawing on a chicken wing early in the morning. After that episode I was determined to become a breakfast person. After several breakfast-making attempts I believe I have found the most incredible breakfast treat to have ever been made (thanks to the help of Howsweeteats.com). Let me introduce to you to the most amazing banana pancakes you will ever eat.

Whole Wheat Banana Bread Pancakes
2 C. whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 C. cup milk
1 tbs Vanilla Extract
2 large ripe bananas, mashed (almost banana bread ripe)
2 tbs butter, melted

In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, flour through cinnamon. Mix together milk and vanilla. Whisk vanilla milk mixture into dry ingredients, stirring to combine. The mixture will still be dry. Be careful not to over mix, this will cause the pancakes to be tough.  Stir in melted butter and bananas to mixture.
Pour batter on heated skillet making desired pancake shapes and sizes. When batter begins to bubble, Flip and cook for a minute or two more. Serve hot with syrup, or, my favorite, peanut butter.
Being a non breakfast eater, I pat myself on the back for getting the "mmmmm" of approval from the breakfast pro, Kev-o.  I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?