11 October, 2011

Foodie Scale

I would consider myself a foodie.  Even though I will eat almost anything, I still appreciate, good tasting, unique foods.  I acquired my love of food from both of my parents who frequent the cooking channels and constantly creating masterpieces in their own kitchen.  We often rate our food to describe how much we love or dislike something we have eaten.  So, I thought I would create a more elaborate scale to describe the different food I try, either in my own kitchen or someone else.

Scale:
Cleanliness: On a scale of 1-5.  1 being the dump and 5 being comfortable to eat off the floor.
Taste: On a scale from 1 to 5.  1 being a turd and 5 being the best meal ever made in history.
Service: On a scale from 1 to 5.  1 self services and 5 being your mom when your sick.
Presentation:On a scale from 1 to 5. 1 being a cafeteria tray and 5 being Noma in Denmark.
Atmosphere: (+) or (-). I can't really give a number rating to atmosphere as it differs from ambiance to milieu. So I will just describe it as I liked it or didn't like it!
TOP SCORE: 20


Here is my first victim!!
Last Sunday Kev-o and I met my cousin Katie and her boyfriend, Michael, for dinner. They both love Asian cuisine so Kev and I took them to a newly opened restaurant near our home.

(Cuz Katie and beau Michael, P.S.- they are in love!)

We took them to Dr. Sushi and BBQ.  I know, the name is very silly, but, don't judge a book by it's cover.  Kevin, having been to a Korean BBQ before, insisted we had gogi gui for dinner.
(my B and me.  You can tell Kev is super stocked!)

Gogi gui is a Korean method of BBQ-ing and the grilling is done in the middle of your table, and you grill it yourself, wild!  We ordered two types of meat: chicken and Galbisal Gui (beef) and started our grillin.  It was a blast, though I did find it odd I was paying to cook my own food, which I could have done for free at home.  But none the less, we had a blast!

DR. SUSHI AND BBQ RATING:
Cleanliness: 4
Taste: 4
Service: 4
Presentation: 3
Atmosphere: (+) New, polished, especially loved the chandeliers, calms.  It was loud because of the fans above the table but it was not unpleasant.  Think of it was a way of keeping your conversation private! Over all I liked it!

Overall rating: 15 with a (+) for atmosphere!!  It is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?