20 October, 2011

Anxiously Look About

Lately I have been struggling with my job, actually as I am writing this I am sitting at my desk at work.  When I hear someone coming, I quickly switch to my outlook and pretend to look at an email, don't judge me.

I am a personal assistant.  Yes, exactly like "2 Weeks Notice", "Devil Wears Prada", and "Bucket List".  I am asked to do and accomplish many similar tasks as the assistants on those movies (within moral and ethical reason, of course). On my facebook profile, my job description reads, "I am Pepper Pots."

Even though my job has me doing and experiencing some really neat things, I have been mulling over many thoughts: does my job have meaning? What am I going to do after this job? Am I learning a skill? I want a job where I can use my brain.  Is this job ever going to go anywhere?

Poor Kev has had to hear me talk in circles over and over and over... you get the picture.  And every morning I bring it to God asking him to tell me what I should do; to settle my heart and my anxiety over all the questions I have been asking.  Well, this morning I got my answer.  God has placed me in my job, these are the people he wants me to share his love and joy with.  It doesn't matter what I am doing or who I am working with, at this job is where he wants me.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" Isaiah 41:10

(me and my co-workers that made it to mine and Kev's wedding)

Now, the only thought that must mull over now is, "am I pleasing God in the place where he wants me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?