26 October, 2011

Job 1:21

As I mentioned in my last post Kev and I were in Southern California last weekend. We love visiting Kev's family, but this trip were were particularly excited to get down south.
Bags packed and gifts in hand we were were going to meet our new little niece, Lucy Grace! (Kev was VERY excited about giving Lu that little puppy, he picked it out himself!)

Everybody loves a baby but we were extra thrilled about this babe because we have been praying for her for years, literally years.  Kev's sister and brother-in-law(Rob and Karen) have been trying for, what feels like forever, to have a little one.  There were several years with heartaches, disappointments and sorrow.  But, we all kept praying for a baby Kimmons (BK as I would call her before she was formed. Jeremiah 1:5).

In January 2011, Kev and I got the call, Karen was pregnant!!!  We praised the Lord but we didn't stop praying.  Karen's pregnancy was anything but easy. Six months of bed rest, hundreds of doctor visits, thousands of prayers and nine months later BK was born!
Isn't she adorable?! It crazy how you can spend so much time just staring at a baby.
We spent the majority of the weekend, starting at the baby, talking about the baby, holding the baby and whispering while the baby slept! Here are some pictures of our baby filled weekend!
How many men does it take to put together a baby swing?
Kev and I taking a break from staring at the baby and enjoying the California sun.
Back to staring at the baby, look at those little piggies!!
Rob and Karen singing a song Rob wrote and composed.  God gave Lucy to some really awesome people.
Just a few of the people that prayed for Little Lucy's safe arrival.
Kev and I practicing!

It was a long process and many years of waiting but little BK is here! Kev and I learned so much about patience and God's faithfulness.  I can't imagine how much Rob and Karen must have learned!! Welcome to the world Baby Lucy, you will be very loved!

He Said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there.  The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord." - Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?