31 January, 2012

Fly With Me


One of my co-workers is a pilot and at our my company Christmas party last year Kevin and Mark(the pilot) hit if off.  So, every once in a while, when Mark isn't work he has asked Kevin and I to go flying with him!  Amazing, right? (Thank you, Kevin for being so awesome, and thank you Mark for thinking of us!)

On our first flight Mark flew us to a small town close by, we ate lunch and then flew Kev and I took our turns soaring through this sky.  A couple of weeks ago, Mark had the idea of flying to Seattle to check out an Airplane museum.  Very fitting if I do say so myself!  Below are the pictures from our little Seattle flight!
Kev checking out our ride.

Co-Pilot, Tiff.  Watch out sky!
Mark. doing his pilot thing.


We had a beautiful view of fog...

Even with me as the co-pilot, we made it!
When we landed we took care of the important stuff first, food!
Rachy- look what was in the cafe!
After a quick bite to eat we headed to the museum!
Flight Museum

Kev doing what he does best, reading.

Reading some more.
I got bored of reading so, I took a picture of Kev's butt.
It was nice to have Mark's wealth of knowledge to teach us about the airplanes.

A real Concord!

It was really small is that Concord!

A real Airforce One. We were pretending to be the President.



All finished up! The flight Crew!

Pilot Kev.

Kev did great, especially when the engine shut off and we plummeted towards the ground.  OK- we didn't plummet but it felt like we did for about 1 sec.  

Sigh... my man and a sunset.

They who dwell in the ends of the earth, stand in awe of thy signs.  For thou dost make the dawn and sunset shout for joy.  Psalm 68:5
Thank you Mark! We are looking forward to our next lesson and adventure.  Go easier on us next time, the near death experience was a little advanced. Mom and Kathy, I am kidding!

4 comments:

  1. How awesome! What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! Love the pics of the museum, I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool opportunity! I would have been a bit freaked out by going in that tiny little plane though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DId you take these pictures?! so good.

    ReplyDelete

So? What did you think?