02 February, 2012

Food For Thursday- Supper Club

I don't know if you remember, but a couple of my co-workers and I started a Supper Club (you can read more about it here).  There are three of us, and we take turns hosting Supper Club at our homes once a month.  Our Supper Club Mission: Home Made, Healthy dinners.
 
January was Heidi's turn to host.  If you know Heidi, you know that she "claims" she doesn't cook.  Well after having Supper Club at her house, if she can't cook then she is one mean BBQ-ing machine!! 

Check out our January Supper Club!


When Heidi and Mak hosted they both set their tables super cute! When I hosted I said,"Oh, we will need plates, huh?"

Heidi- The Grilling Machine!
Taking turns preparing our homemade masterpieces in the kitchen.
Let me present to you, our dinner!

Mak enjoying the Guac and Salsa appetizers.

My dish: Orzo Salad.
This is more of a summer salad but I LOVE it so much, I make it all year round.  It is especially good for picnics and camping.  My girlfriend Pippa was the one to teach me this receipe.

4 C. Cooked Orzo
1 peeled and chopped Cucumber
1 C. chopped tomatoes
1/4 C. Toasted Pumpkin seeds
Juice of two limes
Feta Cheese (as much or as little as you would like)
Mix it together, eat it, love it!  
Make this Salad your own!  Ad whatever veggies you want to it, it is super easy and crazy good!
Heidi's Dish: Grilled Rock Fish Tacos. SOOO Good!
Heidi made a taco sauce to go on the tacos, this was also easy!

1 12oz Container of Sour Cream
2. Tbs Cilantro
2 Minced Garlic Cloves
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and Pepper to taste


Mak's Dish: "Ice Cream"
If you think this is ice cream, think again!  Have you ever seen a cheese and fruit platter on a restaurant dessert menu?  Well, here you have it!  Ricotta cheese, slivered almonds and blueberries.  Sounds strange right? It actually was really good.  Fruit and cheese, who doesn't love that?  But it was deceiving, every time you put this in you mouth, you were expecting something cold...

The Supper Club girls and little Logan!
It was great having Supper Club at Heidi's house.  She and her family just moved into their place and it sits on a beautiful walking trail and lake, amazing, right?  Even though they have only lived there for a few months, Heidi has a gift of making her homes feel comfortable.  You want to curl up on her couch and watch tv or read a good book! I have got to learn how she does it!

Thank you Heidi for hosting this month!   Great food, great girls, great fun!  Supper Club success!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! I love supper club! And the salad was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a great idea! And I seriously love how all three of you are wearing black and white stripes haha.

    ReplyDelete

So? What did you think?