14 January, 2012

The Art of Friendship


Hi all! I took a little break from blogging but I am back, for now. With every year that the Lord blesses me with I am finding the value in good friends. I am learning that a good friend is more valuable than any material item. But, I am also learning that having a good friendship takes a lot of effort especially being a woman.

There are so many good traits about women. We smell good, our skin is soft, we are gentle, we can multi task and we are made up of sugar and spice and all things nice. However, we woman are a strange gender. We laugh loud, talk over each other, go to the bathroom in groups, cry when we are happy, cry when we are sad, cry when we are mad, tired or hungry. We encourage one another and then compete. We are best friends and then worst enemies.

What would it be like if women lived in a world where we never wanted to be anyone but ourselves? What would it be like if we followed the rule of, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? What if we rejoiced in each others victory instead of relishing in the failures. What if we were better friends to one another?

The picture below is me with all my bridesmaids right before I walked down the aisle. Each of my girls praying over my marriage. I am blessed. But, I have to admit I have not been an AllStar friend 100% of the time. Somehow, even with my bad behavior, the Lord has given me friends of Gold, Silver and Precious Stones. Some of my besties I have know since almost birth, others are new found treasures but I am finding that my life is richer because of each of these woman. I have laughed, cried, grown and fought with each one of them.
Elbert Hubbard said it best, "The friend is he man who knows all about you, and still likes you." Thank you girls for knowing all about me and still liking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?