19 December, 2012

Cloth Diapers

I have not idea why, but I have become very passionate about cloth diapers.  When I am up with Evangeline at night I find myself reading cloth diaper blogs and forums.  I am also very lucky to have a couple mama's on my life who also use cloth diapers and I am constantly picking their brains about what brand, method and style they use.  There is so many different styles it is overwhelming.

 When Evangeline's umbilical stump fell off Kev and I decided to plunge right in.  Of course I was VERY stressed and worried about it.  But, she started to develop a little rash in her disposables so I was hoping the change would clear things up!

Kev and I seemed to catch on pretty quickly and we are becoming very creative on how to get everything, folded, snapped and tucked into place on this wiggly worm.  We are learning.  My good friend, Brie(and cloth diaper mama) told me she makes her own wipes.  So, now I am passionate about making my own wipes!  Who know I would be such an earthy mama.  I apologize in advance to anyone who watches Evangeline in the future.  We will give you cloth diaper 101.
 Current Wipe Recipe we are trying:
Olive n' Tea Tree Oil
Container ( I used an empty wipe container)
1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin not necessary)
1/8 cup gentle baby bath~ (I use Druide baby calming baby soap, for now.)
A few drops tea tree oil
4 cups water

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?