18 December, 2012

Bath Time

Let me be the first to reveal to you, Evangeline's belly button!!

Uncle Dan, I think she got your belly button!

Isn't it cute?  I show this to you because when it finally fell off at 12 days old I was so relieved!  I just stared at that little umbilical stump wondering, "is it getting infected?" "Is it healing right"  "is it staying on too long?" "Should we clean it?" And the worrying goes on.  I was so excited when it happened I made the announcement to Kev at 3am. I couldn't understand why he wasn't jumping for joy with me.

But, as soon as the belly button exposed itself I knew we could now give her a bath...her first bath.  I didn't know how to bath a baby.  What if she doesn't like it?  What it I clean something wrong?  What if she has a reaction to the baby wash...and I found myself worrying about something else. So, the next morning we decided it was bath time.  I was so stressed about bath time I could not even get a picture of anything passed the set up.  Good thing I have Kev, he mastered the bath just like he mastered the swaddle, diapers and fatherhood all together really.

Belly button gone, bath- accomplished, now on to the next worry... the beginning of a diaper rash.  I don't know how I will survive as a mother with all this worrying!  But, one thing I am learning is I don't have to learn it all at once.  Work on one worry at a time.  I am sure I will be looking back in 15 years and wish my biggest worry was a belly button! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?