21 September, 2012

The Circle of Life

Wednesday morning I headed down to the beach to watch the sunrise. I had been awake since 1am unable to sleep(stupid sunburn) and decided I wanted a change of scenery from the bathroom floor and our room's balcony. I laid on the lounge chair on the flour like sand and admired God's beautiful  work. I was bummed that in my sleepless diliria I didn't bring a camera with me.

My growling tummy and small pregnant bladder tore me away from the beach and I headed into the nearest bathroom where I was even more bummed I didn't have a camera. Inside this beach bathroom I found myself a little baby sea turtle! I squealed in delight when I saw the little bugger! He obviously had become lost and found himself on the slippery floor of the bathroom! I quickly scooped him up and ran him to the sand! I walked him down to the water's edge and gently placed him on the wet sand. If this scene was in a movie I would imagine there would be soft, heartwarming music playing as the mom-to-be returns this baby turtle to his home. I stood their and watched the little guy scramble to the water,"you are home little one, you are home" I thought. I took in the rising sun, breathed the satly air and probably could have even mustard up a tear as he neared the ocean water. He was so lucky I found him!

Then all of a sudden, the music stopped, a record scratch and a pelican swooped in and picked up my baby turtle!!!! I let out a scream and quickly, looked around for something to throw at this murderous bird! But, it was too late. The pelican was gone and took his breakfast with him. Poor little turtle had probably just made it into the beach bathroom to wait safely until nightfall to try and get back to the water. I hated that I interfered with Darwin's theory, but I guess this is the circle on life. R.I.P little turtle. R.I.P

2 comments:

  1. Oh SAD!! And I was so excited when you found that little guy! May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. It was getting so nice then that damn bird came in! So really you killed the turtle I think is the point? Just kidding Tiff, hope you guys are having fun! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

So? What did you think?