28 August, 2013

Lord Build Our House

Psalm 127:1 A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. 

When we moved into our Vancouver rental last summer, I was able to talk myself off the ledge because Kev would remind me our move to the burbs was temporary and there would be a chance of reuniting in Portland when we bought a house.

Several months later Kev gave me the word and I started my search for my Portland homecoming.  After endless hours of Trulia and Redfin searches.  Lunch date house tours and thousands of emails back and forth between our realtor we decided to build a house in VANCOUVER!! Wait, what? Hold on just one second, how did that happen?  I am still asking myself that same question. The answer: The Scheeles.  Dang it.  

Our beloveds, the Scheeles, announced to us they would be buying a house in Vancouver and Vancouver only for various reasons. Kev and I soon realized we would NEVER get to see our besties if we were living in Portland and they were living in the Couv.  Between work, the boys in school, babies and early bedtimes, our Scheeles might as well have stayed in Boston.  So, with my city girl soul screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" we signed our lives away to the burbs.... in Vancouver, no less!

We won't just be living in the same town as our Scheeles, we decided that even living down the street would be too far.  So, we are building houses right smack dab next to one another.  We are even omitting the fence between our two homes.  We will most likely be knocking down our walls and attaching our two homes. Kidding on that part...maybe.

Our two families are anxious for our homes to be complete, colors and tiles chosen so we can start sharing cups of sugar through our windows.


We have walls, we have a roof.  We are getting close to our homecoming.

Signing my life away. What kind of mother am I raising her child in the Couv?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So? What did you think?